Friday, November 12, 2010

Brazilian Wax

When I first learned what a Brazilian wax was, I laughed out loud. Why, I wondered, would anyone wax 'down there?' I thought it must be really painful and just kind of weird. After having to shave after a trimming mishap,and learning that hubby liked that area hairless, I thought well why not try a Brazilian wax. Can't be any worse than the razor burn.
So I had my first Brazilian wax today. It actually didn't hurt at all. In fact, I almost asked the wax artist where I could buy some wax for hubby to use on me during our play time. Yeah, I'm weird.
After only one wax, I'm addicted.

4 comments:

  1. I would like to give it a try, but price might be an issue for me. How much did it cost? If you don't mind me asking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pet, the full brazilian (front and back) was $80. The touch up is a little less. I kind of flinched at the price, but I budgeted it in. To me, it's worth it to avoid the razor burn and bumps-I have horribly sensitive skin-I even get razor burn on my legs if I use cheap razors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? It didn't hurt?

    I tried a "sugar wax" on myself once and almost passed out! Bleeding from my follicles and everything.

    I'm too scared to try anything but shaving.

    Really? No pain? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No pain at all. Very slight stinging at the very top. But honestly not a big deal. The waxer I go to uses "hard wax." The wax only adheres to the hair, not the skin. The wax cools to a really hard state so she doesn't have to use the cloth strips. But everyone's different so if you're really hesitant, I wouldn't want to try to talk you into it.

    ReplyDelete